Magnetic Particle Testing Level-I
Training course objective:
To provide a basic Knowledge of MT to enable a participant to carry out tests according to a established procedure under supervision of a level II or III personnel. The course is especially designed to provide a sound theoretical knowledge and practical skill for MT required for a level I technician.
MT Level I Responsibilities
To carry out operations as per written procedure/instruction from level II personnel. He shall be able to set up equipment, calibrate and carry out tests, classify and report the results. He shall not be responsible for the choice of test technique nor for assessment of the test results.
MT Level I Course outline
- Basic of Magnetism
- Magnetisation Techniques
- Inspection Mediums
- Inspection Techniques
- Indication Classification
- Test Equipments and Accessories
- Types of Discontinuities
MT Level I Practical Training
Yokes, Prods, Headshot, Central Conductor, Coil Techniques, Using dry, wet ordinary and wet fluorescent powders, Demagnetisation.
Magnetic Particle Testing Level-II
Training course objectives
The course is intended to provide detailed instruction in theory and practice such that the personnel shall be able to
- Identify suitability of MT for material and inspection procedure.
- Develop inspection techniques and procedure that shall be followed by level I operator.
- Analyse the test results.
MT Level II Responsibilities
- To select proper test technique and equipment as per established procedure
- To calibrate, set and carry out test or supervise testing by level I operator
- Prepare test report for acceptance/rejection as per standard
- Have knowledge of merits and limitations of MT and other common NDT methods
- Prepare written procedure for level I operator
- Responsible for care and maintenance of testing machines and accessories
MT Level II Course outline
- Review of Level-I course plus as below points
- Selection of Techniques
- Codes, standards and Procedures
- Acceptance Standards
- Manufacturing Process and Discontinuities
- Interpretation of Indications
- Preservation of Indications
- Evaluation of Test Equipment
MT Level II Practical Training
Same as Level-I + Interpretation, evaluation and recording of test results.Download Brochure