Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), Procedure Qualification Record (PQR), Welding Operators Qualification, Welders Qualification and Certification Services.( BS EN ISO & ASME STANDARDS)
Just joining the two members is not enough to with stand the loads for longer duration. Hence it is essential to prove that a welding procedure meets the quality standards set forth and also to ensure the welder is capable of producing consistently good quality welds.
WPS is Welding Procedure Specification and PQR is Procedure Qualification Record documents that refer to the practice of welding. WPS is a set of welding instructions. It aids in planning and ensuring quality control of the welded product as well as future reproductions of the product. Welding parameters, such as joint design, position, base metals, electrical characteristics, filler metals, technique, shielding, preheat, and post-weld heat treatment are all detailed in the WPS document. WPS further explains the rules and details of the test and how the pieces should be assembled. Simply put, a WPS is like a blueprint for welders to produce the same quality of welded product over and over again.Procedure Qualification Record is another type of document that also refers to welding. However, unlike WPS, the PQR document’s purpose is to serve as a checklist or record of compliance regarding the standard requirements of an appropriate welding procedure.
The PQR form covers all the welding parameters in the mentioned on WPS document. In addition, it also includes some observations or other matters regarding welding procedures and specific tests like tensile tests and guided bend tests. It may also show the visual inspection and fillet weld test results. Another important component of the PQR is disclosure of relevant information, such as the welder’s name and the name of the person who did the inspection, and even the dates with the acknowledgment of the manufacturer or contractor.
A welding procedure is a systematic method that to repeatedly produce sound quality weld joints. With Various national and international fabrication codes, standards and specifications are currently being followed to prepare welding procedure specifications (WPS) to qualify the fabrications welding procedures. The procedure qualification record PQR is a document that consists of record of test results on the welded coupon.
Standards, Codes related to welding procedure qualification tests being used for Welders Qualification:
- ASME Section IX Edition 2019: ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- AWS D1.1 Edition 2015 : Structural Welding Code – Steel
- AWS D1.2:Edition 2015 Structural Welding Code – Aluminum
- AWS D1.3 Edition 2015: Structural Welding Code - Sheet Metal
- AWS D17.1Edition 2015: Specification for fusion welding of aerospace applications
- BS EN ISO 15614 – 1 : Specification and qualification of welding procedures of metallic material
- BS EN ISO 15609 – 1 : Specification and qualification of welding procedures of metallic material Specification
- BS EN ISO 9606 – 1: Qualification test of Welders – Fusion welding – steels
- BS EN ISO 287 – 1: Qualification test of Welders – Fusion welding – steels